The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These cookies are a go-to in our house and the recipe is one we slightly modified from www.sallysbakingaddiction.com.
These cookies are so perfect they've been compare to "store bought"!
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup (225g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat over to 350F degrees
- Combine sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients
- slowly mix dry ingredients with wet.
- Add chocolate chips
- Make small roughly 1.5" dough balls and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake for approx. 8 minutes