Healthy Orange Chicken Recipe
The original recipe comes from Savory Bites Recipe and you can find it here.
- 5 Chicken thighs or 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/8 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 a cup of flour - I used gluten free
- Water as needed to achieve proper batter consistency
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tbsp of orange juice
- 1/4 of honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- ginger grated to taste
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 1/2 tbsp of water
- Preheat over to 400F
- Cut up chicken and set aside
- Blend eggs, soy sauce, flour, and cornstarch together. Add in water as needed for smooth, but not runny consistency.
- Once combined add raw chicken and coat thoroughly
- Add rice and water to pot and cook until boiling. Turn heat off and place a lid over the pot. Rice will continue to cook
- Place coated chicken onto parchment paper lined baking sheet
- place in over for approx. 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked
- Mix orange juice, honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and orange zest together. Add in cornstarch/water mix
- Add to pan and bring to a soft boil.
- Chicken should be out of the over and cooked. Add to pan with sauce and combine until all chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Scoop rice into bowl and add orange chicken on top