Easy Crockpot Banana Bread
You’ve probably noticed we love crockpot recipes around here. There’s a couple reasons for that, but the main one is that it usually simplifies the process. For the banana bread though, we wanted to try this because of the potential for keeping the final product very moist. Spoiler: it worked!
This recipe was pretty simple to put together and it cooked for about 1 hour and 45 minutes and the results were amazing. It barely lasted 24 hours in our house!
We got the original recipe from Mom's with Crockpots, but we used a 4qt crockpot and modified it slightly.
Here is the recipe we used:
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 3 bananas ripe, mashed (TIP! If your bananas aren't ripe yet, place them in a bag in a sunny spot with another piece of fruit in the bag)
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
You can find the original recipe HERE
- Turn crockpot on the high and grease the butter or margarine
- Combine all the wet ingredients and then slowly add in the dry
- Scrap mixture into crockpot
- Place lid on crockpot (Our’s has two clamps to seal the crockpot and we used these to lock in moisture.)
- Allow to cook for approximately 1.5-2 hours (This really depends on your crockpot, check on your banana bread every 15 minutes or so after the first hour. When the top is firm, you can check that its cooked all the way through by inserting a skewer or kitchen knife all the way through and if it comes out clean you can remove it.)
- Once your banana bread is cooked you can flip it out onto a cooling sheet.
- Allow to cool about 15 minutes