Easiest Teriyaki Sauce
We love being able to whip up a good meal, especially one that brings to mind a favorite restaurant dish! What can take a recipe or dish from good to great is the sauce. One of our favorites is a Teriyaki dish. Whether that’s a meat dish or vegetarian this sauce goes so well with either and is so easy to make. I’ll walk you through how we make our favorite Teriyaki Beef recipe, but the sauce works great on veggies, chicken, rice, or pretty much anything else!
4 oz. Stewing beef per person
3-4 Cups of water for the meat
1 Cup of rice per person
2 Cups of water for every 1 cup of rice
Rice Wine Vinegar
Teriyaki Sauce Base:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce
2 teaspoons of water
- Add meat and water to crockpot and cook on high and cook for 4 hours or until tender.
- About 30 minutes before you want to serve the meal:
- put the rice and water in a separate pan on the stove - cook rice as you normally would
- Begin preparing the sauce base - this will be your marinade for the meat.
- Strain the meat out of the crockpot and add to the teriyaki sauce base. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes to marinate
- To make the sauce for the rice combine the same ingredients as the sauce base in a pan and add the remaining liquid from the crockpot.
- Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Bring to rolling boil and stir constantly for 5-7 minutes
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Assemble the rice, marinated beef, and sauce together and SERVE!