7 Benefits of Honey
Did you know that honey can be used as a substitute for sugar in many recipes? If a recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, you can usually get away with using ¾ of honey. It is also better for your health to use honey. Here are just a few of the benefits of honey:
- Lower on the glycemic index than sugar
- Honey is rich in antioxidants
Honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties
- It is known that honey is high in phytonutrients which are known to boost the immune system.
- Honey can help fight infections.
- It has healing properties especially when used correctly on wounds
Honey may help in supporting a healthy gut microbiome.