30 Minute Strawberry Lemonade Box Cake Hack
This cake is so easy to make and is such a hit. The trick here is to use a few simple steps to take a box cake mix to a new level.
Cake mix of choice
1 ¼ cups of butter
¾ of milk
2 cups of strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place chopped strawberries in a pan with ¼ cup of butter on low heat. Stir occasionally
- Add lemon juice to strawberry mixture
- On the back of the cake box is a recipe that incorporates oil, eggs, and water in the cake mix.
- Instead of water use an equal amount of milk or a plant based milk
- Instead of oil use butter and DOUBLE the amount
- Mix together
- Add in ⅔ of the strawberry mixture
- Whisk all of that together and bake at 375 for 30 minutes
- Add remaining strawberry mixture into a bowl
- Mix in approximately 2 cups of powdered sugar - this is really up to preference. If you want a glaze, it will be a little less thick so don’t add as much powdered sugar, and if you want a frosting it will be a little thicker so add a little more powdered sugar.
Allow cake to cool for about 1 hour. Then add frosting to cake!